Monday, March 31, 2008

Earth Hour 2008

Hello Dear Friends,

Last Saturday was Earth Hour from 8pm-9pm on 29 March 2008. I hope you participated and it was a good experience for you. I had some wonderful people over in my home and we made a fun event out of it. First, all of us had a simple dinner of spaghetti and pizza at 7pm. I explained to the kids present about the Earth Hour and what we were going to do next. Just before 8pm, we started switching off most of the electrical appliances and the lights in my home. Then, we lit up some candles and all of us sat in a circle in my living hall. We ended up talking and playing some really fun games for an hour, creating some great memories along the way.

Earth Hour began as a stand to create awareness of the impact of global warming and what we can do, to begin the healing process of our beloved planet Earth. This movement began in Sydney last year and this year it became a global event. Do check out their website for more info and do participate in next year's event.

http://www.earthhour.org/

http://www.youtube.com/user/WWF

No comments: