Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Personal Sovereignty

I believe the foundation for a great life begins by loving and respecting yourself. It begins with beliefs that support your self-esteem. It is your birthright to uphold your personal sovereignity!

Say and believe.....

I have a right to exist.
I am of high value to myself.
I have a right to honor my needs and wants, to treat them as important.
I am not here on earth to live up to someone else's expectations; my life belongs to me.
I deserve to be treated courteously and with respect by everyone.
If people treat me discourteously or disrespectfully, it is a reflection on them, not on me. It is only a reflection on me if I accept their treatment of me as right.
If someone I like does not return my feeling, it may be disappointing or even painful, but it is not a reflection on my personal worth.
I am better served by knowing what is true than by making myself "right" at the expense of facts.
No other individual or group has the power to determine how I will think and feel about myself.

I believe we all have issues and can relate to how we must see ourselves from a healthy perspective. I am still learning and need to constantly remind myself of the statement I wrote above. Tell me, how can we find true happiness and live in a loving world, if we do not respect ourselves, just like a sovereign nation with full and complete rights? Wishing you love always.

No comments: