Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Quotes on Spirituality

As some of you may already know, I am a huge fan of Oprah and obviously I subscribe to her website. I do hope to meet her one day. But in the meantime, I'll just share some of the quotes posted by her team on one my favourite topics.... Spirituality!

Our friends make us feel understood. And strengthened. And loved. Most of all, they make us feel connected.


"It is not by meticulous care in avoiding all contaminations that we can keep our [spiritual body] clean and give it grace, but by urging it to give vigorous expression to its inner life in the very midst of all the dust and heat and hurts."
-- Rabindranath Tagore

"The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us..."
-- Morihei Ueshiba

"No matter what your spiritual condition is, no matter where you find yourself in the universe, your choice is always the same: to expand your awareness or contract it."
-- Thaddeus Golas

"Without loving and caring for others, most of us stand little chance of communing with God, no matter how many years we may spend in silent prayer."
-- Bo Lozoff

"True spirituality is a mental attitude you can practice at any time."
-- Dalai Lama

"I'm fulfilled in what I do...I never thought that a lot of money or fine clothes--the finer things in life--would make you happy. My happiness is to be filled in a spiritual sense."
-- Coretta Scott King

"I cannot hold up any book and say, 'Here. This is what I believe.' I do not know of any church where I would feel at home. But I do believe that what people call God refers to something real... I would even go so far as to say that this God of mine makes demands. To learn, to teach, to engage. To be aware of and respect the world around me. To acknowledge that there are things greater then myself and to be humble in theirpresence."
-- Dan Jackson

"The belief that becomes truth for me... is that which allows me the best use of my strength, the best means of putting my virtues into action." -- Andre Gide

No comments: